Galleon® delivers safe, effective control of submersed, floating, and emergent invasive and nuisance aquatic plants. Galleon® is ideal for use in long-term management plans, when gradual control is desired or when water bodies feature a variety of plant and animal life.
The First of Its Kind
The first fully registered acetolactate synthase inhibitor, Galleon's systemic mode of action delivers excellent control of hydrilla, water hyacinth, water lettuce, salvinia species, frog’s bit, and duckweed. Galleon's gradual speed of kill maintains water quality and ensures the health of fish, while its unique chemistry is gentle on desirable aquatic vegetation such as maidencane, knotgrass, coontail, lotus, and water lily.
Designed for cost-effective control of large infestations, in-water treatment of hydrilla will produce one to two seasons of control under most conditions. In addition, Galleon® will provide simultaneous action on most floating weeds with greatly extended control versus traditional spray methods.
Effective, Convenient Control
- Immediate growth inhibition followed by complete control over 60 to 120 days
- Much-needed, additional systemic mode of action for hydrilla control in integrated control programs designed for improved herbicide resistance management
- Good safety on perennial aquatic grasses such as maidencane and knotgrass, and many other desirable native plants including coontail, lotus, and waterlily
- Similar to Sonar™, gradual death of treated target weeds allows large infestations to be treated effectively while maintaining overall water quality
- Low foliar use rates typically between 2-4 ounces per acre for floating and emergent weed control reduce applicator exposure and improve logistics versus current herbicide options
- Excellent rotational complement to Sonar in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs for herbicide resistance management
- No restrictions on use of treated water for drinking, swimming, or fishing
- Minimal restrictions on turf irrigation
- Food crop irrigation requires less than 1 ppb in treated water
- Consult with SePRO on latest recommendations for non-food crop irrigation
- Galleon® SC is classified as an EPA Reduced-Risk Aquatic Herbicide based on its use characteristics and toxicology
Multiple application options give you flexibility:
- Injection for large-scale, in-water treatment of submersed and floating species
- Foliar sprays via ground, boat, or aerial application for targeted treatments of floating and emergent species
- Direct application to exposed littoral sediment for pre-emergence control following drawdown or other low-water events
For More Information
For more information about Galleon Aquatic Herbicide or assistance in designing a treatment prescription, contact a SePRO Technical Specialist. May not be registered in all states. Always read and follow directions.