Because of eutrophication (water body aging) successfully managing nuisance algae and improving water quality can be difficult. Other copper-based algaecides—such as the old standard, copper sulfate—can control some algae present but do nothing to address phosphorus and water quality. Thus, management can turn into a cycle of application, temporary improvement and rapid regrowth, with no progress toward long-term water quality improvement.
Our SeClear® formula solved that problem by:
- Treating the algae present
- Reducing the amount of available phosphorous and suspended solids with each application
- Providing algae control
- Allowing for longer intervals between applications
- Reducing the field for follow-up applications
- Enhancing water quality
With the development of SeClear® G, SePRO has again advanced the science of algae management. This new granule formulation provides all of the proven algaecidal and water quality enhancement benefits of the liquid SeClear® formulation with several improvements.
- Controls surface and bottom algae (including Chara)
- Broadcast as a granule or dissolve and spray
- Typical application rate: 15 to 25 lbs/acre
- Improved economics
- Available in 20 and 50 pound bags
For more information
For more information about SeClear G Algaecide and Water Quality Enhancer or assistance in designing a treatment prescription, contact a SePRO Technical Specialist. May not be registered in all states. Always read and follow directions.